Were you surprised to learn that your life would become affected by the current coronavirus and COVID-19 crisis? Right now, every country in the world has begun to take safety precautions to try to keep their residents safe and healthy. Most of the requirements and recommendations include social distancing and staying quarantined at home, so the coronavirus will not spread as quickly. This is becoming a hard time for everyone, but working together we can get through this. Following all safety instructions is a must along with practicing correct hygiene. Read below to learn how to stay safe during the COVID-19 quarantine and coronavirus epidemic.
- Tip 1: Stay Active
- It is actually very easy to stay active and healthy while being in quarantine. Although public gyms have been closed, you can get in a good workout at home. You don’t have to have a fancy yoga mat or weights to get a good workout in. You can even use things around your home such as canned foods or a gallon of water. You can also exercise and stay active by attending one of the many free exercise classes that are being offered online. Also, if you are able to get outside in your town or city for exercise, remember to always practice safe social distancing (2 meters from others). That way, you can still go on a run, ride your bike, or go for a walk in the park and take in the fresh air.
- Tip 2: Time To Declutter and Organize
- Now is the perfect time to declutter and organize your closets and drawers. While you are being quarantined at your home because of the coronavirus, you can declutter and organize your home. You can get rid of old clothes that you don’t wear anymore. Remember, to store them in a safe place so you can donate them when the quarantine is over. In fact, why not go ahead and do a deep clean to sanitize your home while you are decluttering and organizing? It’s especially important right now to keep your home clean and free of germs.
- Tip 3: Cooking Healthy Meals and Delivery Restaurant Foods
- Practicing good hygiene and taking safety precautions at your local grocery store will help prevent you from being exposed to germs. Make sure to keep your distance from others while shopping, and avoid peak hours. Also, make sure to wipe down all foods when you return home as well. Then, you can start cooking healthy meals in the comfort and safety of your kitchen. You can make nutritious and tasty meals if you get creative. You can look online for interesting healthy recipes. After a while, everyone starts missing their local restaurant’s food, but it is possible that you can still order takeout or delivery. Many restaurants are still offering delivery or pick up services. Supporting your local restaurants during this difficult time is important, too.
- Tip 4: Time To Make Memories With Your Family
- As the coronavirus epidemic makes it way around the world, many people have become very stressed and worried. If you let it, it can start to take a toll on your mind and body. The best thing to do is to use this time to make memories with your family. You can watch movies or a new television series together. You can even play board games and cards. Just spending quality time with your family will provide you with memories to get through this difficult time. You can also keep in contact with other family members and friends through video calls as there are several free applications available.
- Tip 5: Sun Exposure Provides Vitamin D
- Did you know that it is very important for you to get daily sunlight? Scientific studies have shown that it is important as small amounts of sun exposure will give you Vitamin D that will keep you healthy. You can go outside daily if you have a yard, and you should try in the early morning hours or late afternoon hours to avoid strong sun rays, which occur between 10 am to 4pm. If you happen to live in an apartment, or you have no access to a yard don’t worry, because you can simply sit by a sunny windowsill to get sun exposure and reap the benefits of Vitamin D.
One thing is to keep your mind and body busy, so you and your family will stay healthy.