For individuals that have vacation plans in Mexico soon, they may want to know if the coronavirus outbreak is a concern for them. Are you scheduled for a sunny vacation in Mexico in the near future? As the coronavirus is currently making headlines across the world, Mexico has been fortunate to not be seriously affected by the illness. At this time, there have not been any reported cases in top resort destinations in Mexico.
Stay Safe from Coronavirus While Traveling
Currently, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have only issued travel advisories for individuals who plan to visit China, Iran, Japan, Italy, South Korea and Hong Kong. The CDC issues travel recommendations to help people decide whether they should postpone or cancel travel plans when potential health risks are an issue. The CDC issues travel notices after assessing potential health risks involved for travelers that plan to visit certain areas of the world. As of right now, Mexico only has five confirmed cases of the coronavirus. These cases are isolated in the country’s capital city and not in popular beachfront tourist destinations such as Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Islands of Loreto, Riviera Nayarit and Cancun. Therefore, individuals that want to vacation in Mexico shouldn’t be affected by the coronavirus. Mexico is still a safe and beautiful country to visit for travelers.
Coronavirus Travel Tips & Advice
Are you about to jet off for a dream vacation in Mexico? If you are, follow the below coronavirus travel tips and advice to stay safe and healthy.
- Do not come in contact with sick people.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. Especially avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol can be used as well. If hands are visibly dirty, wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Wash hands after going to the bathroom, before eating, after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
Travelers can vacation in Mexico and stay well by following our coronavirus tips and advice. Visit the official website of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for additional information and travel safety tips .
Vacation in Mexico
In general, it is always smart to practice healthy hygiene whether you are traveling or back at home. If you have any specific questions or concerns regarding an upcoming vacation in Mexico, feel free to call the resort directly. Their professional staff members work tirelessly to ensure that each getaway to paradise is a memorable vacation experience.