With so many great offers on the market, it is easy to get confused about timeshare ownership, and most people haven’t really thought about them as a serious alternative to paying for hotel rooms. You may even have been to a timeshare presentation, but while the tour is often just enough time for you to fall in love with the property, the skeptic in you is left with further questions about the benefits of timeshare ownership.
Statistics suggest that about 50 percent of people who attend a timeshare presentation are interested in buying a property but don’t go through with the deal because they feel they need a little more time to make up their mind. Many need time to process the advantages and recognize just how a timeshare ownership could benefit them.
So, let’s take a look at some of the top 10 benefits of timeshare ownership:
- You can afford a dream vacation residence at a fraction of the cost.
- Properties are much more spacious than a cramped hotel room yet boast all the same amenities.
- They inspire you to take regular vacations.
- Guaranteed availability in the most desirable locations.
- Future vacations costs are paid for at today’s prices.
- Flexible dates and opportunities for worldwide exchanges.
- You have the option to rent your timeshare.
- Timeshares can be lent to friends and family.
- You can upgrade your timeshare as your finances evolve.
- You can always sell your timeshare at a future date.
Time shares can become a huge financial problem for those who have bought one, and don’t know what to do with it. Should they sell it, donate it, rent it or cancel the contract? The truth is that the cancellation of the contract has always been the best and most viable solution to get out of a timeshare legally. Therefore, it is very important to know the rules of timeshare cancellation to get the process done in a secure way.
There are good timeshares out there, as well as there are people who feel happy about their timeshare purchases, especially those who enjoy to vacation at the same place and are not spontaneous travelers. Unfortunately, due to the big number of timeshare scams being committed against many vacationers, the industry has gained a terrible reputation.